Yamaha Seeks Marine Products Specialists in Kennesaw, GA
- Outboard Engines
- Marine Maintenance and Care
- Outboard and Boat Systems
(steering, gauges, displays, outputs, etc.)
The selected individuals will be responsible for performance and management of duties relative to planning and introduction of new products and continuation of existing products, including knowledge of current status and information on all aspects of products relative to their specialty.
Areas of responsibility include:
Identification and tracking of new, proposed, and existing products throughout their life cycle, providing necessary input and taking appropriate actions thereto.
Field, market, and product – includes competitive analyses
Market visits – team and project leader for research project and personnel
Preparation and delivery of regular and as-requested reports to various management and other business entities
Product development and testing cycles
Gathering, vetting, maintaining, and disseminating accurate product information
Product introductions, orientation, and benefits presentation
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
Gathers competitive product/market information and performs competitive analyses for, and in conjunction with, Yamaha Motor Corporation (YMC-Japan) and/or Yamaha Marine U.S., including arranging and hosting OEM and dealer survey trips.
- Works with YMUS and YMC to gather, vet, organize, display, and update product information.
- Assists in the planning and development of new products, including any needed vendor interaction.
- Identifies potential new products and related areas of profit.
- Properly submits new product requests, and tracks (champions) submissions.
- Interfaces internally and externally to help determine needs and direction of Yamaha products.
- Develops and conducts product training and introductions in B2B and B2C environments.
- Assists in development, vetting, and delivery of product messages relative to marketing materials, print and electronic media, and product packaging. Works with marketing group to effectively develop content for social media.
- Assists with related product displays relative to product information and messaging.
- Assists as necessary with packaging and/or kitting set-up as a product expert.
- Integrates, works closely with, and backs up other Product Specialists in a team atmosphere.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills Requirements and Preferences:
- BA / BS degree or equivalent professional experience in a related position required
- Minimum three (3) years product management experience in a product-specific environment
- Demonstrated abilities in research, reporting, and report delivery
- Experience in manufacturer/dealer or franchisor/franchisee industry settings preferred
- Demonstrated B2B and B2C communication skills required
- Technical aptitude, abilities, and/or background required
- Product use and application experience strongly preferred
- Ability to develop and deliver training and information materials highly considered
- Marine industry and/or dealership experience strongly preferred. Boating background very helpful.
- Demonstrated abilities and effectiveness at business travel required
- Approximately 30% travel required, with short periods of heavy travel required
- Must be analytical, proactive, and a self-starter, with ability to recognize and act on opportunities
- Must be able to take initiative and excel without direct supervision.
- Strong working knowledge and proficiency in MS Office (i.e., Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook, etc.)- or the ability to rapidly obtain it – is a must.
- DEMONSTRATED ABILITY TO MAINTAIN CONFIDENTIALITY IS A MUST!
Reports to: Manager – Marine Product Planning and Information
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward a resume to:
Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.